or make 4 interest-free payments of $37.50 AUD fortnightly with More info
Bamboo Construct and Roll
This early learning resource supports children in exploring maths and science concepts through engaged and sustained play. Children experiment as they design and construct the set. As they build and experiment through trial and error, rolling items down the slopes, they can make adjustments
As children build bamboo ramps and investigate rolling a variety of objects they gain a deeper understanding of foundational maths and science concepts (STEM).
There are so many opportunities for children to practise problem solving, engage in open-ended play and investigate rolling a variety of objects. This natural learning resource is made from natural bamboo and every piece is unique.
- 8 X natural bamboo ramp channels (diameter varies from 50cm to 75cm and lengths from 30cm)
- 6 X natural bamboo tube stands with wooden dowel pegs and holes for simple construction of various height bases to place bamboo ramp channel tracks. This allows young engineers to explore with various angles by adjusting height.
- 4 X natural bamboo half base stands with wooden dowel pegs
- 4 X Natural bamboo half top stands
- 22 pieces in the set
- Made from bamboo, a renewable resource
- diameter from 50-75 cms with variations based upon bamboo used.
- lengths from 30 cms
- weight approximately 3kg
Please Note: Not suitable for children aged 36 months and under. Please keep in mind these wooden balls can certainly pose a choking hazard for young children so it is recommend using the balls with children only over the age of 36 months, and always with supervision when young children are around.
HOW TO ENRICH CHILDREN'S PLAY USING THE BAMBOO CONSTRUCT AND ROLL
The Bamboo Construct and Roll set is a the perfect addition to the traditional blocks.
Children can experiment:
- using cars, balls, rocks, seeds, pebbles and other items and determine through experimentation which ones roll the fastest.
- balls of various different materials (wood, rubber, glass, felt) and see how fast they roll down the slopes.
- Children could use digital timers to race the balls and see what changes and adjustments such as when they change the slope is raised or lowered. Children could also measure the height of the ramps, the distance the items travel and then graph their results to deepen their STEM learning.
Made from Bamboo
Bamboo is a natural material and as a result each piece will have unique variations. The shape, colour and shade will vary. Due to the material being natural bamboo, each piece has a character of its own and each set is in someway unique, with varying shades of colour and shape. As bamboo is a natural material - in fact its from the same family as grass! There will be variations in their shape and there may also be marks and natural cracks which are all to be expected when using resources made from natural materials.